Download RightTool into your Chrome, Edge, or Firefox browser for free, here:
RightTool FREE edition comes with all these features:
- Ad-supported Collapsible Right Navigation bar in Navy Blue, set to feel like the old QuickBooks Desktop right navigation bar with Quick access Icons: +New, Settings, and more. Also Quickly see the QBO Version you are working on
- Complete database of ALL SHORTCUTS & ALL REPORTS that can be accessible via direct URLs in QuickBooks Online for all US and Canadian versions (UK/AUS version still in development)
- FAVORITES section: allows you to add any of favorite from the ALL SHORTCUTS/REPORTS menus and even custom bookmarks to quickly access from within RightTools. Also an OPEN ALL button that allows you to open all the favorites in this screen at the same time.
- Extended Keyboard Shortcuts: RightTool adds a lot of additional of Keyboard shortcuts that significantly enhances the experience of QBO, complete list here
- Speech to Text Dictation: allows you to speak/dictate into RT search-bar and into text fields inside QBO
- When you click on Mark as Paid from within a Bill, the memo of that bill copies to the Bill Payment. It does not work if you start from the Pay Bills window.
- Font Size Modifier: makes the fonts in RightTool bigger or smaller by a factor of +1 to +5 or -1 or -5. Default setting is 0 (Feels like 14pt Font). And RT Sidebar Modifier: allows you to increase and decrease the width of the RightTools left navigation bar while expanded
- RT Universal search: Enables the search bar to search within RightTool’s list of Shortcuts and Reports. Including a really comprehensive amount search functionality
- Auto-close Left Nav Bar: every time a new tab or screen is changed in QBO, RT will force close the Left Navigation Bar, and you will see the animation. And Auto Close Banking/COA Popups: gets rid of the welcome screen and in-screen pop ups that show up in the Banking, Chart of Accounts, and Bank Reconciliation Screens
- Enhanced Transaction Esc: fixes the issue where ESC doesn’t exit out of some transaction windows
- Void Memo Automation: automatically adds the original amount (prior to doing a void) into the memo when voiding transactions for future preferences. Keyboard Shortcut: CTRL SHIFT V
- COA Jump to Location: adds a button to allow the user to get back to the account (scrolls to it) whenever editing an account in the chart of account where it resets back to the top
- Invoice/Sales Receipt Line Lock: adds a button that allows user to “lock” the description, qty, and amount of a line item while they change the item (product/service) and not lose the info that is there
- Extended Print Options: Adds Printing capabilities to Journal Entries and Bills. Keyboard Shortcut: CTRL SHIFT P
- Export Journal Entry to CSV: exports the current journal entry in CSV, cannot be “imported” back in
- Monochrome Color Scheme: turn must RightTool buttons and links inside QBO’s UI to black instead of red.
- Make Red Negatives in reports, BLUE: Turns the color of “Negative Reds” in reports into blue. This was focused on the “Colorblind” users that cannot see reds well.
- Restrict Transfers in Bank Feed: this will automatically change transactions that were selected as a “transfer” by default into a “categorized” transaction. Also, when this feature is turned on, it will remove the option for the user to be able to create a transfer transaction. This will force the user to use a Categorize option or a Match.
- MANAGE TABS: this enables the MANAGE TABS section in the RightTool right navigation bar which tracks all the open tabs related to QBO and can allow you to quickly switch between tabs and/or close them all in batch
- Match Tab Names: when is is turned on, RightTool will rename the tabs on top of the browser to whatever are they are inside QBO instead of just saying “QuickBooks” and you having to click like 3 tabs to get to where you want to be
- RT Shortcuts Open New Tab: When this feature is enabled, RightTools starts creates all new pages that were clicked from the RT navigation bar OR via a Keyboard shortcut. Turning it off, keeps everything within the same tab (as normal)
- Close Tabs on Company Change: when this is turned on, whenever you change from one company file to another, RightTool will close all the open tabs to declutter your tabs on the top and prevent the dreaded “gray screen”
when this is off, RightTool will default to Refresh Tabs on Company Change: when this is turned on, RightTool will send a refresh signal to all tabs when the company is switching to also “prevent the dreaded gray screen”
- Audit Loop Escape: This feature fixes that issue whenever you open an audit history to a transaction (such as an invoice) QBO has the problem that when you close that Audit log screen it does not take you back to the transaction you were looking at.
- Reports Enhanced Drill-down: Modifies reports so that if you click in any number to drill down from a Summary Report into a Detail report or from a detail report to a transaction, so that it opens those in new tabs. auto closes when a transaction is opened from a report drill down or from the deposit window, so when user clicks on X or Save and close, the tab auto closes.
And even if the feature is off, you can do it by Right clicking on any amount inside a report will show the option to open in new tab, new window, incognito window, etc… Without RightTool this is not possible in reports
- Bank to Banking Link: Adds a button in the Register and the Reconcile page that takes you back to the banking screen.
Check out the PRO features for $50/month